President Barack Obama will arrive in Los Angeles Wednesday night to attend the USC Shoah Foundation’s 20th anniversary event, according to a White House release.
The foundation is “dedicated to making audio-visual interviews with survivors and witnesses of the Holocaust and other genocides a compelling voice for education and action,” the USC Shoah Foundation said on its website.
The President will also attend a Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC) and Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) joint event and will stay overnight in LA and attend a Democratic National Committee (DNC) event on Thursday.
In an attempt to prevent traffic congestion and delays, the Beverly Hills Police Department advised people to avoid the following areas on Tuesday and Wednesday
Wednesday May 7:
- The area around Motor Avenue and Pico Blvd. from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- The area around Pico Blvd. and Beverly Glenn Road from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- The area around Santa Monica Blvd and Beverly Glenn from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- The area around Sunset Blvd. and Beverly Glenn from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- The area around Santa Monica Blvd. and Avenue of the Stars from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Thursday May 8:
- The area around Santa Monica Blvd. and Avenue of the Stars from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Note: All trucks will be restricted from travel along Wilshire Blvd. between Santa Monica Blvd. and Avenue of the Stars during the above time period.
- The area around Pico Blvd. and Motor Avenue from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.